Friday, August 28, 2009

Who can find a virtuous woman? - part one

The Proverbs 31 woman is at the forefront of my mind today.  Am I that woman?  I am disappointed to say that I'm sure I have failed in many aspects.  That is why I am meditating on this passage, to learn what the Lord would have me be, to my husband, my family, and those around me.  Am I up to the challenge?  I certainly hope so...  (Lord, I need Your help desperately!)

"Who can find a virtuous woman?  for her price is far above rubies."  This woman is strong, dignified, multi-talented, caring, loving, educated, business-minded, compassionate, organized, efficient, trustworthy, etc.; that is why she is so precious, her price far above rubies.  Wow!  Am I still up to the challenge?  

How does she do all of this?  God's will is her primary goal in life.  She looks to Him for guidance in every task, in every job, in every responsibility.

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil."
I want my husband to safely trust in me, knowing that I will always do what's best for him and my son, knowing that I am trustworthy, knowing that I love him with all my heart.  I believe that it is as much my responsibility to take care of him as it is his to take care of me.  May God be able to use me in my home to take care of my husband, child, and my various responsibilities.

"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."  Praying that I will have that steadiness in character to do my husband good 'till death do us part'.  Why is it that, some days, it is just sooooo much easier to do evil?  I think that is a very important tool in Satan's toolbox, and a well-used one at that!  If he can sneak in a home, even a Christian home, and turn husband and wife against each other, or children against parents or vice versa, then he can distract us from serving the Lord as a family.  Is it a surprise then, that the US has a 50% divorce rate?  Our "Christian nation" has a much higher divorce rate than most other countries around the world.  Our Pastor was preaching on this last week and mentioned the statistics.  Our country is at 50%, while Japan and India, what we might call "heathen nations" hover around 1 to 2%.  Stark differences there are in these numbers.  Maybe it's because we have left our first love...  Dear God, help our nation!  May the Christians turn back to You with their whole hearts.  May we see revival in our homes, in our churches, and in our land once again.  Revival must first start in our hearts which will bring a change in our homes.  Then our churches will be different, serving God instead of being served.  And God could use us to turn our country around!  Think of what a difference we can make!  If not for us, then for our children...

Well, that's all the time I have for today.  (I guess I chased that rabbit far enough...)  I will continue reading and meditating on Proverbs 31.  Maybe tomorrow I will continue this post with my challenge.  

I hope and pray that this finds everyone well and having a good day.  Even if you are not having a good day, ponder the many blessings that you do have in your life.  God never said it would be easy, but He does promise that he will be with us no matter what the circumstance!

Love you!

~Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment