Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

For those of you who are wondering where I came up with my Blog title, it is a verse that has become very special to me through the years.  Growing up under the piano teaching of Mrs. Shingleton, this verse was very important.  It was "our special verse".  I don't even remember when I first learned the verse, it just seems like I've always known it.  She taught us this verse for helping to calm our nerves for recitals.  But it sure has stayed with me!  Whenever I hear this verse, oh, the memories that come to mind!  In my hallway, I have the verse hanging up on the wall, the plague that Mrs. S. gave to "her girls".  

I love you, Mrs. Shingleton!  You have been a very Godly influence on my life!  Thank you for all that you have done for me.  

2 comments:

  1. ok, 2nd time's the charm, right :o) I am SOOO glad you decided to blog, it looks great and I feel closer already!! loved the fair pictures and the special reminder of "our" verse. :o) (Wish I still had mine - it was part of the "flood") miss you my friend, so glad to see you all doing well! ((hugs)) Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post...what a significant memory.

    ReplyDelete