Friday, August 21, 2009

"Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints." ~ Ps. 116:15

Just being reminded of those in my life that have gone on to be with the Lord.  Praise the Lord, I haven't experienced the loss of anyone in my immediate family (like a parent or sibling), yet.  So, I can't say that I know what someone is experiencing when that happens.  Even with the knowledge of them being in Heaven, I'm sure it is still very difficult!

Why has this subject come to mind?  A friend of mine just lost his daddy yesterday.  Yes, he was sick.  Yes, he was suffering.  But it's never easy to say goodbye.  Praise God, it isn't goodbye forever!  We will see him again!  No more suffering, no more pain.  Thank you, Lord, for your mercy, strength, and comfort that only You can give!

I am reminded of my other dear friends who have lost a dear close loved one.  All of whom were like family to me, also.

Shellee - Your dear, sweet, irreplaceable mamma!  Pam was like a second mom to me.  We spent so much time together growing up that our two families became like one.  I had the privilege of knowing your mom, even more than pretty much everyone else.  My life was touched by her in many ways.  I will never forget her sense of humor, her creativity, her love for life even in adversity and pain, and, most importantly, her love for her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Ashley - Your sister!  Although she didn't live long and I didn't really know her, I know that her heart lives on through you and your family.  What a moment you will have when you get to see her again on the other side and be reunited in the presence of Jesus!

Bekah - Your wonderful and loving mom!  Your mom, Mrs. Pollard (Yes, I know her name was Fran, but I NEVER would have called her that.  She was "Mrs. Pollard" to me.),  was a very sweet and loving lady; what a tremendous example she was to us young ladies at church and school!  I always enjoyed spending time with you all.  She was very funny, kind, orderly, and loving.  It was nice to watch the video from senior trip at the reunion, seeing and hearing your mom again!  I remember what strength she had all the while she was suffering...  What a testimony!  What wonderful memories I have of her!

As I said earlier, I haven't lost any immediate family members.  I have lost both sets of grandparents, but I will see them when I enter Heaven's glory!  I look forward to seeing them and holding them all again!  Thank you, Lord!!

"What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see!"
And to think that all of our saved loved ones who have passed on are already there experiencing His glory!

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
~ I Thes. 4:13 - 18

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for HIS precious promises!! What a sweet blessing to your friends! ((hugs))Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Denise! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete