Monday, September 7, 2009

Menu Plan for September

Here is my plan for the month.  I've already moved a couple things around, but I'm still sticking with it.  I like to look at other menus to get ideas.  Maybe you can get an idea from mine.

1 - Taco Soup (Tried this a couple months ago, and we LOVE it!  It's on the menu twice a month...)
2 - Homemade Pizza
3 - Bruschetta and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 - Fried Chicken Tenders
5 - Hamburgers
6 - Lasagna
7 - Pizza Burgers (Having some family over for a Labor Day cook-out!)
8 - Taco Casserole (Also, I have to make several dishes for a Preacher's Meeting at our church for lunch...)
9 - Pulled Pork BBQ (I slow-roast a pork roast at 250 degrees all night, fork shred, and add BBQ sauce ~ YUMMY!)
10 - Chicken and Dumplings
11 - Baked Sandwiches (I used frozen bread dough; thaw it, roll it out, add lunch meat and cheese, then bake... another family favorite!)
12 - Burritos
13 - Baked Chicken and Rice
14 - Chicken Manhattan (I use shredded chicken and chicken broth that I have frozen from when I boil a whole chicken.  I make a simple gravy, add the chicken, and serve over mashed potatoes.  I don't use bread like traditional manhattans, though.)
15 - Egg, Ham, and Cheese Tortillas
16 - Chicken Pot Pie
17 - Ham Macaroni and Cheese
18 - Chicken Parmesan
19 - Chicken Fried Rice
20 - Steak?  (This depends if I can find a good sale on it before this date.  If not, grab something out of the freezer or use left-overs.)
21 - Pancakes or French Toast
22 - Mozzarella Chicken
23 - Spaghetti
24 - Turkey Burgers
25 - Roast
26 - Cook-out for the College class at church (Probably hamburgers...)
27 - Baked Ziti
28 - Chicken Shepherd's Pie (I make a typical Shepherd's pie recipe, but I use chicken instead of hamburger.)
29 - Pork Chops with Homemade Stuffing
30 - Beans and Rice in the Crock Pot

*As you can see, we use a lot of chicken.  We like red meat, but chicken tends to be cheaper and more versatile.  Well, we haven't got tired of it yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment