Wednesday, September 16, 2009

AMAZING Fruit Salad

On Labor Day, we had my parents and my aunt and uncle over for a cook-out.  We chose to make pizza burgers, which is one of our new favorites!  So, my mom brought dessert, homemade chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake.  My aunt brought a fruit salad.  It was probably the BEST I had EVER tasted.  I plan on making it many times around here and probably for our next church dinner.

Here is the recipe she passed on to me:

AMAZING FRUIT SALAD 
(This isn't the "official" title, just the lasting impression it gave me...)
  • 2 cans of pineapple chunks
  • 2 cans of mandarin oranges
  • 1 bag of frozen strawberries (can use fresh, if in season)
  • 4 or 5 bananas, sliced
  • 1 can of peach pie filling
This is really delicious!!  When I make it, I probably will add chunks of apples, as well.  Especially since they are in season now.

My mom's recipe for carrot cake is from Nestle Very Best Baking.

I am not a fan of carrot cake, so I didn't taste it.  (Yeah, I know, my mom has already given me a hard time about it...)  But, everyone else was raving over it.  So, I am passing it on to you.  I had to get the recipe from Mom so I can make it for Rob.  (Gotta keep the Hubby happy!)  I will probably make this for a church dinner soon.  Maybe our Thanksgiving dinner at church.  (Is it that time of year already?)

Hope you have the opportunity to try these recipes.  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Denise,

    Thanks for stopping by! We are going to the Beech Grove Fall Festival this weekend. I don't know it you are familar with it, but it is very small. The close off a portion of Main St and have food vendors, games & rides. Not much to it, but I like the small town feel.

    I also saw your post about Metamora. I have never been but it is on my wish list of things to do. My hubby printed of some stuff from the Whitewater Valley Railroad and they have a Pumpkinliner ride on Octover 24th. It runs at 10, 12:20, 2:30 and 4:30. The cost is $9 for ages two and up and included a pumpkin for children 12 and under. If interested you can get some more info from the Connersville Depot @ 765-825-2054.

    We haven't decided if we are going to do it, but would love to hear about it if you do!

    ReplyDelete