Thursday, September 10, 2009

"A Christmas Carol" Train Tour






Levi, Grandma, and I went on a little excursion on Wednesday.  (I love these free field trips!)  We drove down to Bargersville, which is about 20 minutes from our house, to see the Disney "A Christmas Carol" Train Tour.  We didn't go because it was Disney; we went because it was a train that Levi could see up close and walk on.

The exhibit was supposed to open at 9:00 a.m., so I decided we should leave my house at 8:00 to beat the crowds.  When we arrived, there was probably about 100 people there, so the line was pretty short and quick to tour the train.  The train cars had memorabilia, pictures, and videos about the making of the new Disney animated "Christmas Carol" coming out in November.  It was pretty neat to see, although it was more geared towards the older "kids" like me.  Levi was just happy to be on a train. 

It took probably 20 minutes to get through the train.  When we got off the train, there was a huge line already forming at 9:15.  I would say maybe 1,000 people were there by then.  We walked around the town looking at the booths for a while, then headed home.  By the 5:00 news, they said there was a 5 1/2 hour wait for the exhibit.  (There's NO WAY I would wait that long!!)  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment