Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Menu Plan

Yay!  I was able to sit down while Levi was napping, and I was able to get a menu plan together for December.  (Now, whether or not I stick to it is another story...)  I may change around the days, but I usually am able to conquer all of what I have planned in one way or another.  :)

This month is busy with birthdays, holidays, surgery (my mom's), shopping, baking, etc.!  January will be here before we know it!  So, hold on~

Here goes December:
1 - Fried Chicken Tenders, baked potato, broccoli, corn
2 - Tacos, rice and veggies
3 - Chicken and Noodles (Wish I could make them like my Mom!)
4 - Baked Sandwiches (maybe turkey and provolone ~ YUMMY!)
5 - Chicken Enchiladas
6 - Ham Macaroni and Cheese
7 - Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
8 - Bean Burritos (Meatless meal)
9 - Baked Chicken and Rice
10 - Spaghetti (From this day on for a couple weeks, I'm planning on cooking for us and Mom and Dad.  Mom will be coming home from the hospital on this day.)
11 - Pork Chops and Stuffing
12 - Donato's Pizza (I don't really care for this, but it's Rob's birthday and he wants Donato's.  So, I'm going to be a good wife and suffer...)
13 - Pulled Pork, Chips, and Fruit Salad (Hoping to get a cheap piece of pork and slow roast it.  We have to feed the college students lunch on this Sunday.)
14 - Chicken Manhattan
15 - Chicken Pot Pie
16 - Pancakes (I'm going to try Pumpkin Pancakes probably.  They sound so good!)
17 - Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup or Leftovers
18 - Planning on traveling to Tennessee, so probably eating on the road.
19 - 20 - Tennessee
21 - Spaghetti  (We love spaghetti at our house!)
22 - Fried Chicken Tenders
23 - Potato Crusted Chicken Casserole (Kind of like chicken pot pie in a crispy potato crust)
24 - Ham  (Would like to bake a ham with the works!)
25 - Dinner at my Aunt's house
26 - Ham Macaroni and Cheese (or something else with leftover ham)
27 - Taco Soup
28 - Chicken and Dumplings
29 - Chicken Beans and Rice
30 - Beef Burritos
31 - Chicken Parmesan

As you can see, we eat a lot of chicken.  I might (in my spare time) look for different recipes to try with chicken.  Of course, this may be the wrong month to attempt this!  Anyone want to share their favorites?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Denise! One of our family's favorite chicken recipes is: chicken club ring/roll-up. I use the Pampered Chef chicken club ring recipe (slightly modified to what I can get over here) and make a ring, or more recently I roll out my dough (we don't have crescent rolls, so I make a biscuit type dough and roll it thin) into a rectangle and just layer cheese and then the club mixture, and then roll it up like a jelly roll, and then pinch the seams. I usually shape the long roll into a circle. After that, I take kitchen scissors and snip the dough diagonally and it looks almost like a wreath type of ring. :) It's very easy, and our bunch REALLY like it and request it frequently for our family fun nights (Friday nights). (btw, it doesn't mean they always get it, LOL) let me know if you try it. :) (If you need the recipe, e-mail me, and I'll get it off to you!)

    ((hugs)) Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! We used to do a chicken pot pie in a crescent roll ring, back when my grandpa was alive and we were over there daily cooking dinner and taking care of him. Haven't made that in a while. Will be trying that soon! I will email you to get your recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that you won the GloGirl Eco-Friendly Snack Baggies giveaway. I couldn't find your email address so I'm hoping you'll see this comment.

    Please send me an email so I can have you pick one, etc. coupongeek at live dot com

    Congrats!
    Jaycie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Just wanted to send a quick "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER ROB!" HOpe you all had a fun weekend. When is the Christmas cantata? Take care! Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Denise! Please give Levi a "Happy Birthday" from all of us! I miss your blog.... :( (I know you are very busy right now) ((hugs)) Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise!

    Congratulations! You won the tote bag from my Blessings giveaway!

    Please e-mail me at thehomespunheart (at) hotmail (dot) com!

    Merry Christmas!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete